Natural gas is one of the cheapest and most efficient ways to fuel a heating system. But with those advantages come safety concerns as well. When a gas line leaks, it can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning or even a home explosion. Don’t put your property or your family’s safety at risk when facing a gas leak, contact Resolved Home Services. We’re available 24/7 to help you with your plumbing emergencies. As the leading gas fitters in the Huntington Beach, CA area, we can help you repair a damaged gas line or replace it, ensuring your safety and peace of mind.
A gas leak is a plumbing emergency. Get 24-hour support with our reliable emergency plumbing contractors.
Signs You May Have a Gas Leak
Whether they are underground or above ground, gas lines can deteriorate and corrode over time. Scheduling professional plumbing maintenance every year can help you detect plumbing and gas leaks before they occur, but you should always remain vigilant to these sights, sounds, and smells.
- Dead Plants: A gas leak can cause plants and vegetation to die. So, look for patches of dead lawn and landscaping, or even wilting or dying houseplants.
- Hissing Sound: If you hear a hissing sound near your gas lines, you might have a gas leak.
- Rotten Egg Smell: Normally, natural gas doesn’t have a scent, but utility companies have added a smell to natural gas so when you have a leak, you’ll be able to smell it. In fact, it smells like rotten eggs. If you notice this scent in your house, you may have a gas leak.
- Orange or Yellow Flames: Pilot lights or other flames with gas appliances should always be blue. If you see that they are orange or yellow, it could be due to a gas leak.
- Physical Symptoms: Gas leaks can cause a host of physical symptoms in your body that can be a sign of a problem. They can include dizziness, nausea, headaches, fatigue, and difficulty breathing.
If you notice any of these signs, they could be due to a gas leak and you should leave your home and call 911. Gas leaks are dangerous, deadly, and need to be handled with the utmost care and by a trained professional. At Resolved Home Services, we are your gas line experts.
What to Do if You Have a Gas Leak?
If you suspect you have a gas leak in your home, it’s important to follow these steps:
- Go outside immediately. Don’t use electric switches, phones, or anything that could create a spark
- From a safe location call 911. Do not use email to report a leak.
- Alert your neighbors. A gas leak can lead to a home explosion and can threaten your closest neighbors.
- Never try to repair a natural gas leak yourself. Leave all repairs to a trained technician
- Don't wait inside. Leave your home right away.
The most important thing you can do if you suspect a gas leak is to get out of your house and call for help immediately. At Resolved Home Services, we offer fast response times throughout the Huntington Beach, CA area and effective solutions.
Need help finding the source of your gas leak? We also offer gas leak detection services, ensuring an accurate and long-lasting solution to your gas line needs.
Call Us Today!
The most important thing to remember when it comes to a damaged gas line is to never try to fix it yourself. Leave that to the professionals like Resolved Home Services. We’re gas leak experts and offer diagnosis and repair as well as 24/7 emergency help. More often than not, a gas leak stems from either physical damage to the line or a loose fitting near an appliance.
If that’s not the case, we also offer gas line installation, replacing that old, faulty line with a new one that will guarantee your safety and peace of mind.