Dealing with even a little water in your basement can quickly become a big problem. Even one inch of water can take hours to clean up and cause thousands of dollars in damaged furniture and flooring. Sump pumps pump excess groundwater from basements or crawl spaces from your Huntington Beach, CA home and they can be a lifesaver for those whose property is prone to flooding. If you face regular flooding in your basement, then it may be time for you to call Resolved Home Services and ask us about our sump pump solutions today.
If you suspect a leak, crack, or broken pipe in your sewer line, call us as soon as you can! We offer burst pipe repair service with 24-hour availability!
Benefits of a Sump Pump
Proactive care should always be important for any homeowner. While a sump pump can be an added expense, it is one that offers tons of benefits. Once a sump pump is installed in your home, it can help resolve regular flooding in your spaces along with other perks, including:
- Gives you peace of mind, no matter the weather
- Gives you a cleaner and healthier home
- Prevents water damage to your home and furnishings
- Keeps your foundation dry and intact
- Helps keep your basement warmer and dryer
- Helps control the humidity level of your basement
- Removes moisture, as well as mildew, mold, and bacteria
If you deal with water in your basement or crawl space, a sump pump can help you solve that problem as well as make your home more comfortable all year long. Additionally, investing in a sump pump is a great way to add value to your home.
Signs Your Sump Pump Needs Repair
Sump pumps, like any other appliance, may need an occasional repair. Some of the more common sump pump problems your home may experience can include:
- Overwhelmed Pump: Having a sump pump the right size for your home means it’s able to effectively handle the water load. If you have a sump pump that’s too small, it might leave you with a flooded basement.
- Pump Burnout: A burnout can occur because of a faulty float switch or an overworked, underpowered pump.
- Power Outages: Pumps can get tripped by a circuit breaker, be affected by a power outage, or simply get unplugged accidentally. If they’re unpowered, they can’t protect your home.
- Clogged Intake: If the intake becomes clogged, this will stop the pump from removing water from the sump pit or sump liner, causing a backup.
- Clogged Discharge Line: The discharge pipe is what keeps water away from your foundation. If the pipe is clogged with dirt, roots, and other debris, it can’t keep water out of your home.
When your sump pump isn’t working, it’s best to contact a professional like Resolved Home Services to help you get it back up and running as soon as possible. Because sump pumps are an emergency prevention tool, leaving your Huntington Beach, CA home unprotected can be disastrous. Luckily, our plumbing pros are by your side!
If you’re faced with sewer line problems in your home, ask about trenchless sewer repair options and if it’s a good solution for your home and property.
We’re Your Sump Pump Pros!
A flooded basement is no laughing matter, and when it happens over and over again, it may be time to contact an expert and ask about sump pump services. Resolved Home Services is that expert. We offer sump pump installation and repair service as well as 24/7 emergency plumbing help for when your plumbing problem just can’t wait.