Dealing with any plumbing issue can seem like an emergency, and in many cases, it might be. Any plumbing problems that are damaging your home or putting your safety at risk require immediate attention. At Resolved Home Services, we understand the importance of reliability and expertise, which is why we offer emergency plumbing services throughout the Huntington Beach, CA area. Whether it’s the middle of the night or on a weekend, you can count on our plumbing contractors to offer your timely service when you need it most.
Looking to prevent emergencies? An ounce of prevention is always the key. Be sure to ask our technicians how routine drain cleaning can help prevent wear and tear on your pipes.
What’s Considered a Plumbing Emergency?
As a homeowner, it’s important to have a general understanding of your plumbing in order to detect problems quickly. While there are some plumbing repair issues that can wait until morning, some are considered plumbing emergencies. This can include:
- Burst Pipes: While a small leak may go unnoticed, a burst pipe will not. Whether it’s caused by old plumbing or damage from shifting soil after an earthquake, a burst pipe can cause major damage in your home. Not only will the pipe need to be repaired, but also, the burst pipe can pour gallons of water into your home, leading to the risk of mold growth and other expenses.
- Gas Leaks: Natural gas is energy efficient and convenient to use. However, a gas leak can put your health at risk and even pose an explosion risk for your home. If you’re smelling rotten eggs, hear a hissing noise behind a gas-powered appliance, or are seeing dead plantlife throughout your home, it’s time to call for help.
- Damaged Sewer Lines: If a sewer line is damaged, it can quickly pour wastewater into and around your home. Many of these lines are underground, which can make them difficult to repair without the right expertise.
- Cracked Water Heaters: Water heaters can deteriorate with age. Eventually, that rust buildup can eat away to the point of cracking the tank completely. This can quickly pour gallons of water into your home, which needs to be addressed immediately to avoid damage.
- Slab Leaks: A slab leak is a plumbing leak found beneath the slab foundations of your home. Because these leaks are out of sight, they can quickly cause extensive damage to your home without you noticing. Because of this, getting them repaired quickly is essential.
Resolved Home Services is your reliable 24-hour plumber. Not only do we have someone available to answer your call, but also we offer a positive attitude that helps alleviate the stress that stems from a plumbing emergency.
How Can Sump Pumps Protect Your Home?
The biggest concern when it comes to a plumbing emergency is water damage. Not only can it harm appliances, furniture, and other belongings, but also it’s the unseen damage that should be a cause for concern. Excess moisture can be a breeding ground for mold and mildew that will not only cause odors in your home but also can lead to severe respiratory issues down the line. Because of this, limiting the amount of water damage is key.
One way to do this is with a sump pump installation. Sump pumps work by removing any excess water from around your home and the lowest areas, pumping it out into your drainage system. These systems work automatically anytime there’s an increase in the water level, making them one of the most effective methods of emergency plumbing response.
To learn more about sump pumps or to get your existing system inspected and repaired, be sure to schedule an appointment today!
Reliable Emergency Plumbing Contractors
As homeowners ourselves, we understand how challenging emergency plumbing issues can be. Not only are they overwhelming, but without the right plumbing contractors, it can lead to further damage and headache. At Resolved Home Services, we not only offer 24-hour plumbing care, but also we take the time to educate our customers, helping you understand the situation and make a more informed decision. We don’t see problems - only solutions, which means we’re uniquely qualified to resolve even your toughest plumbing issues.